Saturday, February 7, 2015

Chapter 40: Whatever It Takes


 
 



Nicki’s P.O.V.





I sat and waited for Aubrey to wake up. He's stable but they just want to monitor him for a couple of days. Everyone went home and I had Blake take My home. I thought she might stay to see Nae since she was in a coma but she flat out refused. I felt Aubrey’s hand twitching in mine. I called the doctor and he came in just in time to see Aubrey open his eyes. They asked him some questions before giving him some medicine. When they left, there was an awkward silence.


“I’m surprised that you’re actually here,” he mumbled. I don’t want to be here but I couldn’t bring myself to leave him. He means the world to me and I can never not care about him. He has a hold on me that will never be broken. He has the key to my heart and I would let him keep that forever. It's the thought of him almost dying that made me reconsider my decision.


“I hate you; I hate you so much. I hate that even though all the shit you’ve put me through, I still want you. I hate that and I don’t want to feel like this,” I cried. No matter what he does, I’ll always come crawling back to him. I hate that he can do this to me and I have no way to stop it.


“Nicki,” he tried to hold me but groaned in pain. He knows that he shouldn’t be moving right now and I don’t want him comforting me right about now. Just because I’m here doesn’t mean that I’m not still mad.


“Stop moving,” I hissed at him. He’s an idiot if he thinks he can move right now. The doctors told him to not move around but he never listens to nobody anyway so I’m surprised.


“I love you Onika and Jaymie was a huge mistake. She’s back in Toronto and promised to leave me out of her life. She felt bad for ruining out relationship,” he explained. Oh she felt bad for ruining our relationship huh? Where was that before she went out and kissed him? I’ll never like that bitch; she’s too shady.


“Why were you with Nae?” I asked him. Out of all people why would he be with Nae? I didn’t even know that they talked outside of practice before she quit.


“She’s been giving me the drugs,” he admitted. I kinda figured it was something like that. Nae stays addicted to that shit so she had to be getting it from somewhere.

“She’s in the game or something?” I questioned. Nae doesn’t seem like the type who would be in a gang but then again I don’t know anyone anymore.

“Her boyfriend is but sells pills and drugs,” he stated. She has a boyfriend? Maybe that’s why Blake’s mad. If she got back with Aaron then that’ll be the worst of it all. He was a horrible influence on her and we all knew that.

“If this is gonna work, I have a few rules,” I told him. He nodded for me to continue. “I want you to be completely honest with me no matter how bad it is. I’m not moving back in but I will come over. No female friends that I don’t know about. Finally, no more bashing Daven when you were way worse than he ever will be,” I locked eyes with him. He sighed before agreeing. He has absolutely nothing to say about Daven from what he did. He’s lucky that I’m taking him back anyway.

“Did you like kissing him?” He looked away. I knew that he would ask that question but I don’t see why he needs to know that.

“Did you like kissing her?” I cocked an eyebrow. Let’s flip the question around why don’t we? He wouldn’t like that.

“It wasn’t thinking Nic,” he promised. It wasn’t anything but you couldn’t have told me about the kiss yourself? Whatever, I’m trying to move forward.

“Well I was thinking and I damn sure liked it but I love you,” I rubbed his hand. I mean Daven could kiss so I wouldn’t lie; it was a really good kiss. It might have been good but he’s nothing compared to Aubrey, no one is.

“I love you too,” he smiled as I pecked his lips. He reached into his pocket and pulled out my ring. “Don’t take that shit off,” he said before slipping it back on. My finger felt lonely without that ring.

“Okay,” I smiled.
 

 


Mylan’s P.O.V.




Cousin Blake and Auntie Mere took me to the hospital first thing in the morning. I rushed to Daddy’s room and opened the door.


“Daddy!” I rushed over to him and hugged him. I didn’t mean anything that I told him. I was just mad and I was wrong. “I’m sorry,” I cried.


“It’s okay baby girl,” he kissed my head. He pulled me on to the bed with him and I laid my head on his chest. He will always be my Daddy no matter what happens.
 


Drake’s P.O.V.

“Alright it’s been a while since we’ve practiced. I’m better now and we all should start working to become all-stars world,” I told the team and everyone cheered. We taught them a dance and everyone was doing well. It’s nice to see that we have a good group of girls that could pick up on things quick. James is doing really well also so that was surprising with Kolbie being around; she’s his biggest distraction.

“Good job babe,” I told Nicki as I walked by her. It’s funny how far things have come because before I would never compliment her but now I do it effortlessly. I noticed Blake look completely distracted but she was still doing the dance perfectly. “What’s wrong with Blake?” I asked Mere. She never looked this distracted in practice.

“She’s just in her head. I think the whole Nae situation is messing with her,” she explained. Stuff like that does mess with your head when you’re not sure what will happen to someone close to you.

“You don’t think she’ll go back to her do you?” I looked at Mere. She glanced at Blake before turning to look at me.

“I truly don’t know. I hope not but I know that Nae was her first love,” she sighed.

“What about you? Would you go back to your first love?” I questioned her. I never liked Antonio because he used to beat the shit out of her. I caught him one time and gave him a piece of my mind. After that, he never bothered Mere again until she agreed to meet up with him.

“If he got better then yeah; I love him more than anything but he’s never gonna get better,” she admitted. He’s too addicted to shit and has been since he was fourteen.

“What about Blake?” I cocked an eyebrow. They seemed like they were in love but maybe that’s just me.

“I love Blake so much but nothing is like your first love. She would go back to Nae if she was completely better; we both know that,” she confessed. Everyone knew that but that won’t be happening anytime soon. Maybe this accident will open Nae’s eyes because it opened mine.

“You’re pretty strong,” I bumped my shoulder with her. She’s unsure how things would play out but she’s not breaking down about it. Mere has always been strong from all the years I’ve known her.

“Thanks,” she smirked before we continued with practice.

 


Blake’s P.O.V.





I’m sitting here on the roof, enjoying the view of the sky. I finally told Paris that Shad was our brother and she took it well. We’re both flying out this weekend to see Dad. It’s nice that we’ll be a complete family. As for my Mom, she can kiss my ass. I can’t stand her for all that she did. She made a choice that took away parts of my childhood and I can never forgive her for that.


“Baby, why are you on the roof?” Mere asked as she sat next to me. I just shrugged because I didn’t even know the answer. It just got late and I just decided to go on the roof. High places give me freedom to imagine anything that I want. I can pretend that everything is perfect up here. “Can I ask you something?” She looked over at me.


“You know you can ask me anything Mere,” I shot her a small smile. She knows that I’ll tell her anything that she wanted to know. Mere’s easy to talk to about anything that you need to.


“Why don’t you want to visit Jaznae?” She cocked an eyebrow. Of course she would ask that question out of all the questions in the world. That was the one question that I didn’t want to answer.


“Anything but that,” I mumbled. It was silent for a while before I finally answered. “She was a horrible friend and girlfriend. She brought out the worst in me and she cheated on me,” I sighed. I never told anyone that she cheated on me because it hurts to say that. She literally spent half of our relationship lying to me and that is something that I’ll never forget.


“She cheated on you?” She scrunched up her face.


“Yep, she fucked her ex after I told her that we kissed,” I explained. That never made any sense to me but Nae doesn’t make sense in general.


“Look don’t take this as me trying to get you back with her because you best believe you’re mine,” she giggled; I let out a smile. “I just think as a friend, someone should be there for her. For god sake, she in a coma! I can’t imagine my old best friend being in a coma. I might hate my old best friend but at the end of the day, she was still my best friend,” she rubbed my back.

“I feel you but Nae’s different. She only cares about herself and needs help. She’s pushed me too far,” I shook my head. Nae needs to get some damn help for all of us. She’s just spiraling out of control and doesn’t seem to care. What’s the point of caring about someone who doesn’t care about themselves; no point at all.
 

 


Nicki’s P.O.V.






“You gotta stop running when shit gets hard,” Aubrey told me as we sat on the couch in his living room.


“What else am I supposed to do Aubrey? You fuck up and I always end up taking you back,” I rolled my eyes. I don’t get how this comes back to me. He just can’t man up to the things he’s done to me.


“You never let me explain anything, you assume things. This is part of the reason why I don’t tell you everything. I know you’ll blow up and take things to the extreme,” he shook his head. I don’t tolerate lying yet that seems to be the only thing he does.

“I wouldn’t have to run if you didn’t fuck up,” I crossed my arms. He always does something stupid and expects me to forgive him every time. I’m sick of doing exactly what he thinks I’m gonna do. It’s like he get a pass for fucking up.

“Don’t get an attitude about this. I’m not the only one who contributed problems in this relationship. You need to start hearing me out,” he locked eyes with me.

“I’ll start hearing you out as long as you stop fucking up,” I shrugged. It’s not my fault that we’re at this point in our relationship.

“If something happens, you need to let me explain Onika. You can’t keep running from this. It’s like you’re running away from our relationship,” he scrunched up his eyebrows as something finally clicked. “Are you running away from our relationship?” I bit my lip and thought if I should tell the truth or not.

“I don’t wanna get hurt Aubrey. I can’t take it if you hurt me to the point where I won’t be the same. There’s only so much that I can take before I’m done,” I said honestly. I can’t take anymore lies and anymore secrets. I can’t handle getting hurt to the point where I lose all of my trust in him. I can’t be with someone if I can’t trust them.

“Stop running and just trust me okay? I promise that’ll make things a lot easy. Don’t be afraid to fall Onika, I’ll always be here to catch you,” he grabbed my hand.

“Okay,” I nodded.

~

“Hey,” I startled Daven as I walked up behind him. I have the tendency to do that and I keep forgetting until someone goes off on me about it. It’s not like I do it intentionally.


“Hey Nic,” he smiled before shooting his ball into the basket again. He sat down on the steps and patted the spot next to him. I sat down as we both looked ahead. It was quiet for a while but I knew that he wanted to ask a certain question so I waited.


“Did you forgive him?” He looked as if he already knew the answer. I guess he just wanted to check with me to see if it’s true.


“Yeah, I kinda got him back when I kissed you. We’re just trying to start over and take things slow,” I explained. I’m not rushing things with Aubrey this time around; I’m not ready for that.


“I can’t take Jaymie back. She lied to me about so much where I don’t even know her anymore,” he shook his head. She did lie about a lot to him and I feel bad because I know that he truly love her with all of his heart. Then again I never liked that bitch so I don’t feel that bad but I feel bad for him.


“Well I’ll still be here for you as a friend. Aubrey can’t say anything because we have an agreement. I can hang out with you whenever I want,” I smiled. He knows better by now because we’ve been over this.


“I need to know something,” he rubbed his chin. He only does that when he’s thinking too hard which makes me question the next words that would come out of his mouth.


“Shoot,” I leaned back. I braced myself for a question that I think he’ll ask because I’ve been asking myself that same question.

“Why did you kiss me? I know it wasn’t just to prove a point,” he locked eyes with me. There you go, it’s complicated to answer that.

“I wanted to make Aubrey mad and I knew he hated the thought of us together. I also wanted to see what it was like to kiss you,” I shrugged. That’s the true reason because I was curious.

“Well what was it like?” He wiggled his eyebrows. He’s too silly for his own good.

“You are a fool but it was nice. I’ll admit that I liked it,” I blushed slightly. I did like it but once again, he’s nothing like Aubrey.

“I liked it too even though we had an audience,” he joked. That’s what I love about Daven; he can take a silence and turn it into a laughing fest. “Promise me something,” he rubbed the back of his neck.

“What?” I raised an eyebrow at him.

“If things with ya man don’t work out, that you will give me a chance; a real chance,” he said shyly. I let a smirk cross my face.

“I promise,” I pecked his cheek before getting up.
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad Nicki and Drake made up. Poor My felt bad for what she said. Blake basically said fuck you Nae. She don't care if she's in a coma. That's kinda harsh but it's not at the same time. I'm glad Drake finally put Nicki in her place because she needed to stop blaming Drake for everything. I feel bad for Daven. He's falling for a girl that he knows he can't have. That must be hard to be around her. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drake better get like the general and make sure his shoulders straight Cuz he in thin ice

    ReplyDelete